In microneedling, surface-deep skin lesions are made on your skin using tiny needles. Skin renewal is achieved by this procedure, which promotes the synthesis of collagen and elastin.
Even though microneedling is a minimally invasive process, the incisions on your skin still need time to heal.
What you do during the healing phase is equally crucial since it can enhance the benefits of microneedling and help avoid unfavourable side effects.
You might be wondering at this point, “What should I put on my face after microneedling?”
Here is a thorough guidance on microneedling aftercare so that you can get started.
Dos and Don’ts After Microneedling
After microneedling, your skin could feel tight, red, and heated. In the next days, you can also experience some mild swelling or irritation while your skin recovers.
Here are some guidelines to follow following your microneedling procedure: dos and don’ts. Additionally, these will help you decide what to apply to the skin following microneedling.
- Use a mild cleanser and lukewarm water to wash your face. Always wash your hands before handling anything that has been treated.
- Use mild, fragrance-free skincare products in a straightforward regimen. This lessens the chance of infection, discomfort, and other unfavourable side effects. We advise staying with the following products: moisturiser, sunscreen, toner, and cleanser.
- Add components that increase collagen production, such as growth factor proteins, hyaluronic acid, and amino acids or peptides. The results of microneedling can be enhanced and supported by these skincare products.
- Apply a moisturiser high in ceramides to nourish the skin, as it may become dry and brittle following the operation. Ceramides add moisture and form a barrier to shield your skin’s outermost layer from harm and irritation.
- Use a sunscreen with at least SPF 30 every day. After microneedling, sun exposure might result in discomfort, scarring, and sunburn. Given that UV exposure can cause skin damage and premature ageing, it might even reverse the effects of microneedling.
- Give your makeup a 24- to 48-hour rest. Makeup brush debris and bacteria have the ability to penetrate wounds and spread illness. Additionally, makeup can clog pores and cause outbreaks.
- Do not exercise or partake in any demanding activities for 72 hours. Your skin may get irritated and exposed to microorganisms when you sweat. Steer clear of swimming pools, saunas, steam rooms, jacuzzis, and gyms.
- For the first five days, avoid using exfoliators and active chemicals. Ingredients like AHAs, BHAs, and retinoids will be too harsh because of the damaged state of your skin. Over-exfoliation or chemical burns could result from them.
- It is advisable to hold off until the redness and discomfort that follow microneedling have gone down. Consult your aesthetician regarding the usage of vitamin C.
- For the first three days, avoid using beauty equipment like jade rollers, gua sha, and washing brushes. They could potentially lead to an infection or skin irritation.
- Even though you could experience discomfort during microneedling, avoid taking anti-inflammatory drugs. Ibuprofen may impede your body’s healing process and negate the benefits of microneedling along with the body’s natural healing process.
What Should I Put on My Face After Microneedling?
It takes more than just avoiding specific items on your face to take care of your microneedles. Using specific skincare products might also help you get the most out of your microneedling treatment.
1: Hyaluronic Acid
After microneedling, hyaluronic acid is among the greatest components. This substance is mild, non-irritating, and won’t bother your skin with microneedles even if it is an acid.
Hyaluronic acid, on the other hand, rapidly nourishes and helps seal in moisture in your skin. It is also essential for wound healing following microneedling and cell regeneration.
Hyaluronic acid use has also been linked to long-term skin brightness and smoothness, according to studies.
Amino acids function as building blocks for proteins, and they are known as peptides. You can further boost the production of collagen and elastin by include peptides in your post-microneedling routine.
In particular, copper peptides are crucial for wound healing and skin renewal.
According to studies, microneedling can improve peptide delivery or absorption.
This can therefore increase the positive effects of microneedling, including more elastic and tighter skin, less wrinkles and fine lines, and a more even complexion.
During this period, you are also more vulnerable to external stressors since microneedling weakens your skin barrier.
Hyperpigmentation, fine wrinkles, and other indications of skin damage are largely caused by free radicals.
Although microneedling can help with certain skin issues, it is unable to fend off damage from free radicals. Antioxidants are useful in this situation.
Free radicals are neutralised by antioxidants in the body, stopping them from ever causing harm. Antioxidants can therefore help reduce the possibility of harm following your microneedling process.
4: Growth Factors
Skin cells naturally create proteins called growth factors. They support cellular health and equilibrium maintenance. For instance, cytokines play a crucial role in wound healing and inflammation reduction.
According to studies, combining growth factors and microneedling can improve skin texture, minimise fine lines and wrinkles, and increase skin hydration.
Best Products To Use After Microneedling
These are some of the greatest items to use after microneedling if you want to increase the procedure’s skin-rejuvenating effects.
1: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is a mild and non-irritating cleanser designed for all skin types, including sensitive and post-procedure skin. It is soap-free and formulated to cleanse without disrupting the skin’s natural protective barrier. After microneedling, using a gentle cleanser like Cetaphil can be beneficial for several reasons:
Features of Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser:
Mild and Soap-Free Formula:Gently cleanses the skin without causing irritation or dryness.
Non-Comedogenic:Does not clog pores, allowing the skin to breathe and preventing breakouts.
Fragrance-Free:Suitable for individuals with sensitive skin or those prone to irritation.
pH-Balanced:Maintains the skin’s natural pH level, supporting overall skin health.
Versatile Use: Suitable for various skin types, making it a versatile choice for daily cleansing.
Gentle Post-Microneedling: Ideal for use after microneedling, where skin sensitivity is a concern.
Effective and Gentle Cleansing:Known for providing effective cleansing while being gentle on the skin.
Maintains Skin Barrier Function:Supports the skin’s natural barrier function, promoting overall skin resilience.
No Harsh Ingredients:Formulated without harsh chemicals, promoting a gentle cleansing experience.
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, with its mild, non-comedogenic, fragrance-free, and pH-balanced formula, is a suitable option after microneedling. It effectively cleanses, supports healing, and maintains the skin’s natural balance. Always follow specific post-microneedling care instructions from your skincare professional or dermatologist for optimal results.
2: Paula’s Choice Skin Recovery Enriched Calming Toner:
Paula’s Choice Skin Recovery Enriched Calming Toner is a soothing toner designed to provide hydration and calmness to sensitive and compromised skin. Ideal for use after microneedling, this toner offers specific features that aid in the post-treatment recovery process:
Calming Blend: Chamomile and cucumber soothe and reduce redness after microneedling.
Antioxidant-Rich: Enriched with vitamin E to protect against free radicals, supporting skin healing.
Hydrating Formula: Glycerin and essential fatty acids provide hydration and prevent dryness.
Fragrance-Free: Designed without fragrance, minimizing the risk of irritation for sensitive post-microneedling skin.
Non-Irritating: Gentle and non-irritating, ensuring comfort during the skin’s recovery period.
3: CeraVe Moisturizing Cream
CeraVe Moisturizing Cream is a widely acclaimed skincare product known for its effective hydration and barrier-restoring properties. Here are key features of this moisturizing cream:
Ceramide-Rich Formula: Restores and strengthens the skin’s natural barrier.
Hyaluronic Acid Infusion: Intensely hydrates, leaving the skin plump and supple.
Non-Comedogenic: Doesn’t clog pores, suitable for all skin types.
Fragrance-Free: Minimizes the risk of irritation, ideal for sensitive skin.
MVE Technology: Ensures controlled, long-lasting hydration throughout the day.
Gentle and Non-Greasy: Lightweight texture, absorbs easily without a heavy residue.
Dermatologist-Developed: Trusted formulation recommended for maintaining healthy skin.
CeraVe Moisturizing Cream is a versatile and widely appreciated skincare staple, known for its ability to address various skin concerns through its ceramide-rich, non-comedogenic, and dermatologist-developed formulation. It is particularly beneficial for those seeking a reliable and nourishing moisturizer for daily use.
After microneedling, one of the greatest things to apply to the skin is the CeraVe Moisturising Cream. For skin that is sensitive and inflamed, it is especially formulated.
4: InstaSkincare 100% Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum
The hyaluronic acid serum from InstaSkincare is among the best products to use following microneedling. It hydrates the skin to foster the development of collagen in a healthy way.
Key Features of InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid Serum:
Pure Hydration:Intense moisture retention with pure hyaluronic acid.
Fast Absorption:Quick absorption for immediate skin benefits.
Non-Greasy:Lightweight and non-greasy formula for comfortable use.
Plumping EffectPromotes a plump and smooth complexion, reducing fine lines.
For skin that has been microneedled, the InstaSkincare 100% Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum is the perfect treatment.
The collagen-boosting qualities of hyaluronic acid can help you get the most out of the treatment. Also, because of the fragrance-free formulation, your skin won’t become irritated.
Related Reading: “Unlock the Best Microblading Removal: Discover Fading Methods!”