Pencil vs liquid eyeliner are both effective and can achieve different looks, but what are the key differences between them? Keep reading to find out why it’s advisable to opt for pencil eyeliner.
The perfect winged liner is a necessary component of all eye makeup styles. It is one of the essential makeup products that most women invest in as they enter the glamor industry. When it comes to them, there are numerous types of liners to pick from. You can choose between liquid eyeliner, gel eyeliner, and sketch pen eyeliner.
But how much do we understand about the variations in eyeliner formulations? The distinctions between gel, liquid, and pencil eyeliner are listed here.
What are the different types of eyeliner?
The eyeliner comes in three basic varieties: liquid, gel, and pencil. Selecting the best type for your needs is crucial because each has benefits and drawbacks.
Although liquid eyeliner is the most challenging to use, it creates the most exact line. Therefore, a liquid liner is the best option for creating a winged eye-off. However, it can be tricky to avoid using liquid liner, and it’s easy to make mistakes.
Pros of Liquid eyeliner
- Liquid liner is much pigmented, so a little goes a long way. This implies that you won’t need to acquire a new one for a very long time.
- It’s easy to create a winged look with liquid liners because you can control the thickness and shape of the line much better than with pencil or gel liners.
Cons of Liquid eyeliner
- One drawback of using liquid eyeliner is that it takes some getting used to. In addition, a liquid liner will take time to remove if you make a mistake applying it.
Gel eyeliner is much easier to apply than liquid liner and provides a more natural look. Gel liner is perfect for those who want an everyday eyeliner look. However, gel liners can be difficult to remove, so be sure you have a good makeup remover.
Pros of Gel eyeliner
- One of the most widely used types of eyeliner available is gel. It has a strong grip and is simple to apply.
Cons of Gel eyeliner
- However, there are some drawbacks to using gel eyeliner. One of the biggest cons is that it can be difficult to remove. If you are not careful, you can end up with panda eyes (black smudges around your eyes). Another downside to gel eyeliner is that it can dry your skin. Therefore, you may want to avoid using this kind of eyeliner if you have sensitive skin.
An age-old beauty staple that has been around for decades is pencil eyeliner. It is easy to use and can be applied quickly and easily. Additionally, very adaptable, pencil eyeliner may provide a variety of effects, from a natural appearance to a Smokey eye.
The material used to make pencil eyeliner is smooth and waxy, making it simple to apply to the lash line. It can be used to create thin and thick lines and smudged to create a softer, more natural look. Pencil eyeliner
Pros of Pencil eyeliner
- Pencil eyeliner has been a popular choice for many years for good reasons. Eyeliner applied with a pencil is quick and precise. Unfortunately, it’s also easy to smudge, which can be a good or bad thing depending on the look you’re going for. Pencil eyeliner can also be used to fill in brows, which is a bonus.
Cons of Pencil eyeliner
- Pencil eyeliner’s biggest drawback is that it doesn’t last as long as other eyeliners. In addition, the application can be more demanding because it can be difficult to obtain a point with a sharp edge. Therefore, liquid or gel eyeliner is preferable if you want eyeliner that will last all day and all night.
Comparison: which is the best type of eyeliner?
Choosing the eyeliner that is ideal for you might be difficult. Do you like a natural appearance or something more striking? It may depend on the occasion, but here is a comparison of liquid, gel, and pencil eyeliners to help you decide.
Reasons to choose liquid eyeliner
Liquid eyeliner is the way to go if you want to achieve the perfect cat-eye look. Liquid eyeliner goes on smoothly and evenly, allowing you to create an exact line. It also doesn’t smudge or budge once it dries, so you can be confident that your liner will still look good at the end of the day.
Another advantage of a liquid liner is that it comes in various colors so you can experiment with different looks. Liquid liners are a great choice if you want to spice up your makeup look with a little drama.
Finally, liquid liner is relatively inexpensive, so it’s a good choice if you’re on a budget. At the drugstore, liners of excellent quality may be purchased for only a few dollars. However, it can be tricky to apply, so if you are new to liquid liner, you may want to practice before using it on a special occasion. Gel liner is similar to liquid liner in that it allows you to create a precise line, but it is easier to apply. Pencil eyeliner is the most accessible type and is suitable for creating both natural and dramatic looks.
In conclusion, it is clear that pencil eyeliner and liquid eyeliner each have their own advantages and disadvantages. Pencil eyeliner is generally easier to apply, but it is not as long-lasting as liquid eyeliner. Liquid eyeliner can be more difficult to apply, but it does not require sharpening and often lasts longer. Ultimately, the best type of eyeliner for you depends on your own preferences and needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Fashion Panda is pleased to introduce Luisito Samra, the skin care blog writer specializing in hair, eyebrows, lashes, and nails. With a passion for all things beauty, Luisito is dedicated to helping his readers achieve their best possible appearance through the latest and greatest in hair, eyebrow, lash, and nail care.
As a writer for Fashion Panda, Luisito brings his in-depth knowledge and expertise to the table. From the latest hair care products to tips for maintaining healthy, strong nails, he covers it all. With a focus on providing reliable, up-to-date information that is backed by scientific research and expert opinions, Fashion Panda readers can trust that they are getting the best possible advice. Luisito also understands that everyone’s skin, hair, and nails are different, and works to offer a range of solutions and recommendations to suit every need.