Unfortunately, lash lifts don’t give you the results you were hoping for, even though they’re great for making your eyes pop. What you should do if your lash lift results are extremely curled is outlined in this article.
What is a lash lift?
If you’re not familiar, a lash lift is a treatment that essentially gives your lashes an at-home perm. The results are lifted, voluminous lashes that give the illusion of longer, wider eyes. They typically last around six to eight weeks and require zero maintenance.
But what happens when your lash lift goes too curly? Is there any way to fix it?
Unfortunately, there’s not much you can do if your lash lift is too curly. Once the perm takes hold, you’re pretty much stuck with the results until it grows out. That being said, there are a few things you can do to help make the most of your situation.
First, make sure you comb through your lashes with a clean mascara wand after each application of mascara or eyeliner.
1. Use a Lash Curler
If you find that your lash lift is too curly, one way to fix it is to use a lash curler. This will help to give your lashes a more natural-looking curl.
2. Apply Mascara Wands Vertically
Another way to fix overly curled lashes is to apply mascara wands vertically, rather than horizontally. This will help to straighten out the lashes and make them look more natural.
3. Use an Eyelash Serum
If you want to prevent your lashes from getting too curly in the first place, try using an eyelash serum.
What can cause a lash lift to be too curly?
If you’ve ever had a lash lift that came out too curly, you know it can be a frustrating experience. There are a few things that can cause this to happen. First, it could be the type of lashes you have. If your lashes are naturally straight, they may not take to the perm as well as someone with naturally curly lashes. Second, it could be the strength of the perm solution used. If the solution is too strong, it will result in very curly lashes. Finally, it could be the way the technician applied the perm rods. If they’re applied too tightly, they will result in curls that are too tight and may even cause your lashes to break.
Let’s check how to correct an excessively curled lash lift:
Use a spoolie to apply a solution to the excessively curled lashes. As you go about your day, brush the ends of the roots and reapply the perm solution. Continue until all of the extra cloves have settled. The entire process shouldn’t take longer than a few minutes.
Use a cotton pad to wipe your eyelashes clean after applying a perming solution on them. Avoid pushing on the eyelids while doing this. The cotton pad is often positioned on top of the cloves.
To apply a setting solution to your lashes, use a separate spoolie. All that is required is a slow downward stroke. You simply need to make a few changes in this situation. One should be the maximum number.
Gently remove any leftover settings with a cotton cloth. Avoid breaking the skin by using too little pressure while pressing your cloves with your pad. If you’ve followed the instructions exactly, your eyelashes should appear to have somewhat loosened up. For the rest of your life, you may anticipate having curls beneath your eyes.
Utilizing a spindle, curl the ends of your cloves to complete them. If you plan to use the lash lift, take your time and carefully follow the instructions. As was said previously, some of these errors are easily fixable. The only cure for people who cause too much harm is time. The good news is that even if the lash lift is performed incorrectly, there won’t be any long-term consequences. DIY healing hacks might make the procedure take longer. One last cleaning with the cleaner, then a month of relaxation.
Related Reading: How To Reverse A Lash Lift
How to Detect If Your Lash Lift Was Bad
Lash lifts ought to give you a naturally elevated, voluminous appearance. Your eyelashes shouldn’t be too curled, but they should appear slightly elevated from the root.
Here are several indicators that your lash lift went incorrectly:
Your Lashes Are Too Curled
1. As was already said, one of the primary indicators that a lash lift went wrong is when your lashes are excessively curly or frizzy following your session.
2. During your visit, your lash technician should evaluate your natural lashes to determine how long the lifting solution should be left on to provide the desired effect.
3. Everyone’s processing times vary, therefore if your lashes are allowed to process for an excessively lengthy time, you risk having highly curled lashes.
Your Lashes Are Not Curled Enough
1. Although over-processing of lashes is prevalent, it is also possible for them to have no curl at all following lash lifting.
2. Determining the precise processing time is challenging since every person’s lashes react differently to the lifting solution of a lash lift.
3. If the solution is not kept on for a sufficient amount of time, you could not obtain the dramatic curl you were hoping for or your lashes might not even lift.
4. If this occurs, it’s critical to express your unhappiness to your lash artist and see what they can do to assist you get the desired appearance.
Your eyelashes are fragile and breaking
1. Another indication that something went wrong with your lash lift is if you find that your lashes feel extremely dry and brittle or are falling out after the procedure.
2. Since lashes are so delicate, the lifting solution may occasionally be too harsh for them.
3. Your lashes may feel and seem this way because the therapy occasionally strips away the natural oils in them.
4. To help your lashes soften and return some moisture, ask your lash artist how you can take care of them.
Do any particular oils work well to soothe the lash lift?
It’s okay to use pure coconut oil or castor oil near your eyes.
The added benefit of using coconut oil to soften your eyelash perm is that it will nourish both your eyelashes and the skin around your eyes at the same time. Castor oil is a helpful supplement because of its anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties.
Some people even apply drops of castor oil to their eyes to treat styes. Finding high-quality oil that hasn’t yet gone bad is most crucial. If you can find organic equipment, all the better.
The leading cause of an excessive curly lash lift is over-processing from the perm solution. As a result, the lashes may curl too much. As a result, they are contacting and hurting your eyelid.
· Waiting is the finest and safest technique to correct an excessively curled lash lift.
· Yes, it’s not exactly thrilling.
· You are enabling your lashes to revert to their natural form by waiting for the eyelash development cycle to finish. During this waiting time, using lash oil each night might assist in hydrating and safeguarding your lashes.
· Alternatively, you may get the lashes re-permed at your local manicure salon for an immediate fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
Fashion Panda is pleased to introduce Luisito Samra, the skin care blog writer specializing in hair, eyebrows, lashes, and nails. With a passion for all things beauty, Luisito is dedicated to helping his readers achieve their best possible appearance through the latest and greatest in hair, eyebrow, lash, and nail care.
As a writer for Fashion Panda, Luisito brings his in-depth knowledge and expertise to the table. From the latest hair care products to tips for maintaining healthy, strong nails, he covers it all. With a focus on providing reliable, up-to-date information that is backed by scientific research and expert opinions, Fashion Panda readers can trust that they are getting the best possible advice. Luisito also understands that everyone’s skin, hair, and nails are different, and works to offer a range of solutions and recommendations to suit every need.